• 12 monthly grids and full-colour artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional colour quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Our calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.
The roots of Japanese haiku reach back over 1,000 years. In this poetic form, as in life, there is a pause, a shift, in which the poet celebrates sensory awareness of the season, perhaps suggested by the scent of plum blossoms or the silence of snow-covered tree limbs. The timeless appeal of this understated poetry may be the human desire to capture one’s impressions of a fleeting moment. Such seasonal allusions emphasize the essence of haiku: nature and its ephemeral beauty. This calendar features 12 haiku paired with reproductions of exquisite Japanese woodcuts. Each poem is rendered in Japanese calligraphy, Romaji transliteration, and English translation.