A beautifully presented, practical gift guide for all surf seekers. Explained with fascinating, easy-to-understand commentary from surfer and scientist Easkey Britton, each guide helps you soak up maximum vitamin sea.
The book is divided into six main sections – each filled with exercises, ideas and fun facts to help you reconnect with your oceanic roots and create special moments by the sea:
– Reading the Sea – watch waves, move with the tides, understand rips and currents, getting to know the sea and your limits.
– What the Sea Does for Us – appreciate the food, feel-good factors, and even medicines that the sea has to offer. Plus learn about its fundamental role in climate control.
– We are Ocean – explore the multi-sensory environment the sea has to offer.
– The Power of the Sea to Heal – from seaweed and ocean plasma to social change and ocean therapy.
– The Sea is Calling – try your hand at beach combing, wave play, rockpooling, bird watching, searching for jellyfish and bioluminescence and swimming in the sea.
– Things to Do for the Sea – with guides to beach clean-ups, sustainable foraging, restoring coastal habitats and inclusion and diversity ideas to make the sea accessible to all, you’ll have everything you need to be the hero our seas need.
Taking an inclusive global outlook on the subject, and complemented by Maria Nilsson’s captivating drawings, this timely book will show you the benefits of doing things by and for the sea – and how those benefits can spill over into your daily life.